1. Remove any makeup you might’ve had on your face before the exercise. Having a makeup, especially foundation on your face during the exercise is a big NO. Let your skin breathe by not having any coverage on your skin because foundations and concealers clog your pores. Pores are the access for the sweat to come out from our skin so if it’s clogged… you don’t want to say hello to breakouts.
2. Apply moisturizer on your skin. If you’re going outdoor, use the one that contains SPF and PA to protect your skin from sunrays. It is important for you to use moisturizer because during exercise you’ll lose some amount of water, especially heavy exercises. Therefore, you won’t get dehydrated.
3. After the exercise, cleanse your face by following these easy steps:
1) Don’t cleanse your face immediately right after the exercise because you are still sweaty. You have to cool down first, and then start to clear the sweat from your face by gently pressing the towel onto the face. Do not rub your face.
2) Start to cleanse your face with your daily cleanse-tone-moisture routine that suits your skin type.
4. Don’t forget to take a shower with warm water. It refreshes and removes dirt from your skin. If you don’t want to shower at the gym, at least change your clothes. It is important to apply a generous amount of body lotion post-shower to rehydrate your skin.
5. Gym bag essentials. Towel, spare clothes, water, and skincare essentials (face cleanser, toner, moisturizer, body lotion, shower gel). Touch-up kits such as BB cream, lip products, mascara, and eyebrow pencil are optional.
Isn't it easy to take care of your skin? The most important thing is to keep a balance between exercising and taking care of your skin. Well, keep doing the exercises and don't forget the skincare routines above!