- The first thing i always do on the first day of the year, is to make a travel list. I always had this paper, where i kept it hidden from people so i can keep it to myself. You can write any places, specific countries, beaches, mountains, even unknown places that you saw in a magazine.
- Go on and make yourself a travel jar! it's where you save all your money, including small amount of coins until paper money in the jar. Maybe it won't recover your whole fee for your travel plan and your plane ticket, but it'll sure help you to have extra pocket money that you can spend on trying new things while you're travelling, a little saving won't hurt.
- Save free brochures about places to travel! collect them, and from there, you can browse, explore from the main issue, which is the travelling fund until things to do. Gather all of the information you got!
- Once a Year, Go some place you've never been before, keep that in mind, because travel is about the gorgeous feeling of teetering in the unknown.
At first i loathe packing, i just can't decide what do i have to bring for the rest of trip. It could be tiring and confusing, but i grew to love it. Last year i travel to five countries and i was furious and frustrated with the whole packing process. But then my mom said to me "How could you love travelling if you didn't enjoy and love the whole process of it?" And as always, she was right. since then, i always imagine what it'll be like in the country, to mix and match a perfect outfit for the weather. Packing will only make you excited even more for the trip! Here's a few things that i HAVE to bring every time i travel:
- A Travel Journal, i always bring it with me. I use a small notebook that i covered up with a world map picture, so every time i visit a country, i always gave em' a big checklist in the country name. Inside of it, i write stories about my trip, about new things i learned and discovered, my travel out-going and in-going fee, funny stories, unique places and things, new foreign words that i learned that day, a sketch, a list of new friends that i made while i travel alongside their contacts, and so much more!
- A Camera, i always bring my camera so i can capture millions of moments when i travel, since i love to take pictures mostly scenery and buildings, i tend to use camera a lot. But then there's a time when i prefer to use my phone's camera for the trip, since it's easier to use.
- A Trustworthy bag, coat, floppy hat, shoes, and sunglasses. Since there's a weight limit for your luggage at the airport, bring one trustworthy essentials that you will always wear for the rest of your trip to make your luggage lighter. Basic colors are recommended, so it'll be easier for you to mix them with every color you want.
- A novel, to fulfill your desire to read.
- Basic beauty products (In-flight Essentials)such as Lip Balm/Lip tint, Moisturizers, Body Lotion, Dry Shampoo, face mask, Bobby Pins, and a comb.
A long trip by car, boat, train, and plane could be boring and tiring, If you're running out of ideas to do, here's a few:
- Entertain yourself with the latest movies and music out there, if you're in a plane or in a car, use the tv in front of you, and let yourself be entertained by it. I often challenged myself to watched a thriller or a horror movies while the lights are off, it's both nerve-wrecking and exciting! if your transportation doesn't have it, make yourself a travel playlist (you can also use Felice's) and enjoy!
- Read books, magazines, newspaper, travel guide for the places your visiting. It'll be nice if you have your own reading lamp that you can attach to your book, otherwise switching the light on while the other passengers are sleeping could be pretty annoying.
- A long trip could also cause a pain to your body, stretching out or walking down the aisle could be the perfect exercise.
- Start writing in your travel journal (write exciting unique stories on your journal), get to know your seat mate, and learn new phrases in another language, or even gazing out the window. Here's a chance to be productive on your long trip.
Here's another thing you could do on your travel and things to keep in mind when you're traveling, from me to you:
- While on a trip, send yourself a postcard every day from wherever you are and write what you did that day on it. When you return home, you can re-read the postcards and the memories started to pour in once again, attach them on you travel journal and enjoy every bit of the memories pouring back in.
- Carrying my travel journal is a must. I always love the idea of sketching beautiful scenery and places that I've traveled. If you don't have a time to sketch on that exact moment, you can first capture it with your trustworthy camera, and then you can sketch it when you're back in the place you're staying at.
- Everything is interesting. Trust me, it is. Be a traveler not a tourist. Do challenging, new things while you're travelling. Try new culinary foods and drinks, new adventures, do adrenaline rush activities, do stuffs that are actually your biggest fear, visit new places even though the weather is strikingly hot or cold or looks boring, meet new people, and look beyond what's right in front of you. Because you never know what lies behind it, if you didn't try and explore it. And those are the keys to understand this amazing world we live in.
- Half the fun of travel is the esthetic of lostness and to be awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world!