You will need:
- ½ cup of powdered citric acid;
- 1 cup of baking soda;
- ¾ cup of cornstarch;
- ¼ cup cane sugar;
- food coloring (depends on what color you prefer for your bath bombs);
- and essential oils.
- First, prepare a large bowl to start your mixture, add your citric acid, baking soda, and cornstarch. You can either use your hands or a mixer to mix the dough and these dry ingredients together;
- After they have been well mixed, add in your sugar;
- Then, Add a bit of water (you can use a spray bottle as well) just to lightly dampen the mixture, but don't add too much water or it'll becomes fizzy so you must start over;
- When your mixture can be easily molded in your hands, Now it's time to color your soon-to-be bath bombs! pour in the essential oils and food coloring. Use your creativity to mix multiple kinds of color and scents to create a unique bath bombs!
- When your mixture is already colored, Use a dome molds or a mold with rounded edges (or in this case any kind of shaped molds)and press the bath bomb dough into it. Use a lot of pressure to compact the mixture firmly into the molds, to prevent cracking. Make sure you fill it tightly to create a perfect shaped bath bombs!
- Leave the bath bombs in the molds for 24 hours. Place the molds in a cool, dry area away from moisture. If after 24 hours the bath bombs still feel slightly damp, remove them from the molds and dry them independently.
- When the bath bombs no longer feel damp to the touch, remove them from their drying area and store your bath fizzies in an airtight container. Keep the bombs away from moisture to prevent premature fizzing, and enjoy them in your next relaxing bath!
photo source: google